To help finalise the scope of the project, we asked the IAP2 community to tell us what would make this research valuable to them by completing an online survey.
We received 17 responses and held conversations with industry experts. From this feedback the following key themes and ideas emerged:
- Method & tool selection – The most popular theme, with many participants wanting a particular focus on selecting methods by audience type.
“If your research would provide information about the best methods to use, timing and great case studies, it would help me to apply different methods to reach out to various stakeholders.”
- Data & reporting – how others are reporting on digital engagement, quality of data and evaluation.
- How to overcome barriers to engaging online – for example, connectivity, engaging hard to reach groups, budget constraints.
- Emerging Tech – Examples of virtual reality, gamification and other emerging tools in use.
Other suggestions included:
- Risks and benefits.
- How best to integrate online and offline methods.
Many thanks to everyone that took part in the survey! You provided us with some really great suggestion and useful ideas to inform the research purpose.
We're now finalizing the phase two survey, which we will be asking practitioners to provide feedback on. We expect to launch the phase two survey in mid-October.
Watch this space! Or subscribe to be kept informed.